Tuesday was the official start of my studio module. For this we had to bring in an object that we either feminine or masculine. I chose to bring in a playstation controller because it is seen as a masculine object because men mainly use it (however, this was my controller so I do break stereotype). We had to lay our items out in the room they corresponded with, the machine room was feminine and the print room was masculine. I started in the feminine room. With the objects that were laid out on the table, we had to draw them using different techniques.


These were my doodle that were entered around this shell bag that I found on my table. I liked the use of the shells as surface decoration and they shape that that make. I mainly drew these with a pencil so that I could get smaller details into it.

IMG_1608 IMG_1607 IMG_1591

This was a dress that was laid on a table. Firstly I looked at it in quite small detail, i looked at the creases that it made. However, as I zoomed out, I could see the way that each layer laid on top of each other and made them each stick out in different directions. From that observation I drew each layer, one after another and without looking at the paper. The end result was this wobbly pattern that I really love.

IMG_1595 IMG_1611

These are doodles of a sequinned shoe that I found on a table. I didn’t really want to just draw the shoe so I decided to just look at the pattern on it instead. This was another drawing where I just just looked at the item and not the paper. I like that way that the dots overlap each other when I wasn’t look at what I was drawing.

IMG_1597 IMG_1598 IMG_1618 IMG_1617 IMG_1616 IMG_1615 IMG_1614 IMG_1613

One item that I got a lot of drawing out of was this screw. I started out with just a shaded drawing of it, then I noticed the bold lines of it. From there I experimented with close together lines and then made some with tape. I liked the way that it stuck out and looked more 3D with the tape. I used some ink to get some very bold lines in, I also washed some out do the lines were more broken up. I then decided to draw with thread to make some very wobbly lines that I then washed out with ink again. I really liked this effect because I though it then made a connection with the wobbly line that I did earlier with the tulle dress.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s